Mar 13, 2014

Storage of my life

My boys do NOT like One Direction.  I couldn't even tell you what they look like, but I do know every time their song "Story of My Life" comes on the radio, it has to be changed.  So, while hubbie installed our stair storage, I came up with lyrics of my own - just to annoy the kiddos (extra awesome parental unit points for me).

This stair storage project was all hubbie's idea - cuz, well, he's a genius in my opinion.  I said (in typical fashion) "I have an idea... let's add shelves to the wall going to the cellar".  He said (in his typical fashion) "I think we should add a faux ceiling, drywall it, add shelves, install a new light fixture, frame out and paint the breaker box, put molding up to cover all the wires and paint the whole thing."  I then said "my ass will be on the couch with a glass of wine, let me know how I can assist from there."

Here you catch a glimpse of the exposed wiring, the before of the breaker box, the ceiling and drywall.  I will point out that I did get off the couch to use the power drill on some screws, so I wasn't THAT lazy.


Pretty breaker box, super cute hubbie



And with that, I have 4 shelves for extra storage!  Look at them fill up!!  My case of seltzer has a home!  It's been empty like this for a week!!  I feel like running to BJ's so I can buy in bulk... but instead, I'll just sing my altered One Direction lyrics:

Written on these walls is the storage that I can't explain
All this space open but it stays right here empty for days

The storage of my life
Is in my home
I drive all night
To fill them more and I'm
Shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment