Mar 14, 2014

Hunger Games Themed Party (kid version)

6 months from today, I turn 40... so it seems fitting on the day we have Sam's "kid" party (Hunger Games Theme, of course) - I spend the morning getting my hair braided to look like Katniss.  I'm all for themes as much I am all for embarrassing my kids, hence the costume.  Needless to say, I did not embarrass Sam (he thought it was cool) BUT the party theme went just as I thought - awesome! 

Here is what I did to turn Zoink's Fun Factory into The Hunger Games - with the help of my amazing hubbie and sons and Etsy :)

Favor Bags:
Black paper bags filled with...
Bow and Arrow Bracelets: using charms from Bohemian Findings and cord from Supplies Plus - Sam and I put these together in 1 night - the stickers I made and printed using Publisher
District 12 "Coal" Soap: using "coal" soap from Burnt Mill and arrow stickers from Banana Splits Boutique - the tags were again made on Publisher
Training Tattoos: Tattoos from Draw Abiding Citizen and washi tape from Banana Splits Boutique put on cards I made on Publisher
Straw arrows: Straws came from Michaels  and topped with craft paper point and leftover feathers from my wedding.  The tag was made on Publisher

Arrow Bracelets

Favor Bags



Favors
The cake was designed by Sam and I using inspiration from the movies.  Huge thanks to hubbie for once again helping roll out the fondant!


A last minute tablecloth transformation happened this morning.  Thanks to a Dollar Store gold tablecloth and some black craft paint, the party table fit the theme!

  

And if this smile doesn't sum up how he felt about the party, I don't know what does.  The odds were DEFINITELY in our favor!


Don't fret, you get to see the Katniss "costume"

Rock Wall = Reaping (in my opinion - ouch!)

No comments:

Post a Comment