Mar 7, 2014

Pickin' for Plaid

Over the weekend, mom and I went to Putnam, CT for some bonding time over antique/thrift shopping.  I arrived with a list.  I left with a vintage plaid jacket, a 1970's floral maxi dress, and nothing from the aforementioned list.  While a wooden ladder and brackets for the kitchen are still eluding me, the winter weather is not... so I'm breaking out the plaid jacket. 



Jacket:  Vintage (from Panache Consignment)
Jeans:  BR Factory
Chambray Shirt:  Old Navy (similar)
Sweater:  Gap Outlet (older)
Necklace:  Ebay (search: statement necklace)

Places to shop in Putnam, CT:
Cafe:  Victoria Station Cafe - adorable, vintage vibe with homemade baked goods.  We both noshed on fresh from the oven scones and drooled over the gynormous cupcakes!
Antiques:  Antiques Marketplace and Jeremiah's Antiques.  Both had amazing inventory but most things were either out of my price range or not on my "list".
Thrift:  Panache was a delightful little consignment shop.  Clean, friendly staff, and quality clothing, shoes and accessories.  Small vintage selection, but clearly that didn't stop me from finding a few things.  Mom left with a faux fur reversible coat to add to her collection!






No comments:

Post a Comment