Feb 13, 2014

Look Ma! I have a "Tween"

Today is a Thursday.  Today I got them ready for their weekend at daddy's.  Today I realized I'm sending off my 11 year old and getting him back as a 12 year old.  Today I cried.

Monday, I'll have a TWEEN.

Crying, that isn't untypical of me - especially where the boys are concerned - in fact, I do it every year around their birthdays.  It is a tradition for me to sit on my bed, thumbing through baby pictures and crying.  My husband just accepts this fact and supplies the wine.

Then today, I read an interesting article posted on the blog:  Home Sanctuary.  Besides the fact that I cried through reading it, it brought up a point that struck home - where ARE the blogs, pinterest pages and forums for parents with Tweens/Teens?  If you know of some, please let me know (preferably ones that make me laugh not cry).  We are the parents that raised our babies/toddlers with no instant access to blog pages about "why my kid is crying" or pinterest pages filled with 101 crafts using crayons.  We didn't have Facebook to poll our connected friends "what is your method of getting your kid to sleep or pee?" or to post videos of first steps.  As a mom who was one of the first of her friends to have kids, that was a lonely time.  Social media probably would have overwhelmed me, but I certainly wouldn't have felt alone.

So today, I want to change that.  I'm not alone - we're not alone.  I want to hear from other moms/dads of tweens and teens.  We're all going through this whacko time together and have or will have funny, scary and informative stories  - let's share about it!

Have a great Tween story?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment