Feb 24, 2014

Honey, I have an idea...

At our house, most couch conversations start with "so I have this idea" and this usually "idea"  explodes into a lot of work.  So recently, I casually mentioned that I would like to repaint the kitchen and hubbie was all for this.  Repainting a few walls quickly evolved into a major kitchen transformation.  My goal, to lighten up, freshen up and achieve a vintage/modern look.

Project time:  1 week (this includes a 5 hour, 3 store, door hardware debate)

Here is a before of the wall color and cabinets

We had already removed the old out-dated hardware on the doors (hence the holes)... and, clearly, downed a 6 pack!

Entryway, old curtains, old rug



This is behind our stove - clearly the previous owners wanted a "loft"look and wanted it to outlast a nuclear blast.  Instead of ripping out a wall, I opted for paint - it does wonders both on the budget and hubbie's sanity

Now we move on to the in-between stage

New wall color, no 6 pack... yet

Lighter, brighter... getting there

See!  Paint!!

Want to see the "after shots"?  Well, like Season 4 of Downton Abbey, I'm going to leave you hanging.  Just for a bit though, we are finishing up on some details (aka, I'm redecorating).


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Col! Once I can focus on formatting this thing, I'll link up to your awesome blog!!

      Delete
  2. Great blog Jen, look forward to reading more of your ideas and tips.

    ReplyDelete