May 8, 2013

Do the wave!

Technically this is not a new trend... but for someone who is hair styling challenged, anytime I can get something to work, I get excited.  So I write about it thinking (and hoping) I'm not the only woman with this "issue".


What I am talking about is my new found love for the curling iron.  Back in the 80's when big hair was in and the curling iron/aqua net love affair was all the rage, I had to rely on a perm to get my bangs sky high (and even then they were weak).  Why you ask?  Well, because I couldn't figure out the damn curling iron.  My tween-age hands just couldn't grasp the concept.  Looking back, I now know that I was basically rolling my hair backwards OVER the clip creating a horrible crimp.  But also looking back, I don't have big hair :)

Now it is 2013 and I am loving the loose/beach waves look.  It gives me another option then just using the flat iron.  So, I dusted off my curling iron (OK, I bought a new one) and set out to learn the wave.  While I was doing OK on my own, I wasn't achieving the look I wanted.  Then I came across this tutorial - short, simple and something I could handle.



Take it from this curling iron flunkie - you CAN do this! 
Happy Waving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment