Apr 26, 2013

What's In A Name?


Thanks to my mom for naming me the most popular name in the 1970's, growing up it was pretty easy to find personalized items (although they were probably sold out!).  Nowadays you will still find my name on the keychain rack but gone are the days of me wanting my name on every pen, pencil or sticker I own.  This does not mean, however, that my love for personalization has ended.


For years I've been inspired and addicted to the monogram.  Whether it is just one initial or all 3, I delight in its simplistic beauty.  Something about them that subtly says "this is mine" in a non-territorial-possessive-type way.  From home decor to accessories, I continue to find ways to incorporate the monogram.
Here is an example of home decor - mine, actually - my sons' initial above their dresser (the room has recently been completed, hence the missing lampshade). I found these goodies at my favorite flea market for $5/each and sprayed them orange...
And while we all know and love LL Bean for their personalized items... here are a few more that I have found and can't wait to add to my collection...
Sources:
Clutch: Tiny Tulip
Acrylic Necklace:  Etsy




And don't forget to add a monogram or 2 to your home:
Personalized Monogrammed Pillow with Est. Date

Sources:
M wall decal:  Zazzle
Pillows:  Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment